Friday 26 October 2012

Be special....Be unique.....Be ur own hero


  1. Whenever I see in mirror – I see someone else instead of Me.  

    Yes that’s what it is, we all face this and if you are not facing then you are not being true to yourself.  No doubt we all are little mean and selfish in our own ways, but still we are not what we are.  Very beautiful punch line of Nike “I am who I am”, we all say this hundred times in a day, but trust me ask yourself “is it true?”  You will surely get the answer as No.

    How?

    Childhood – I am boy, my Dad wanted me to be an Engineer.  I am an engineer now but is this what I wanted.  I am a girl, my Mom wanted me to be a Doctor, I am a Doctor now but is this what I wanted.   

    Young hood – I love bollywood movies but my friends watch all Hollywood movies and listen to Akon and Beyonce, who they are I don’t know.  So I started listening to rock and watching all Johnny Depp movies, but from heart I still like Hindi movies as I can understand them better.   So who am I, the one who love hindi movies or the one who’s watching English flicks because I have to stay in the race. 
    Not owning a Blackberry or Apple is a crime these days.  Go back to your wardrobe and check how many clothes you bought were without someone’s influence.  I wear GAP because of the price tag and everyone I know has some brand.  Wearing street side designs are not in fashion anymore.  But tell me who makes the fashion, I guess We.  I want to have a BMW because someone else has Merc.  But what do you wanna have, ask yourself.  I too want a car and trust me anything will do because at times having a car is need to protect you from rain, not to show others, right. 

    Recently I watched Players and being honest I liked it.  Many people asked me “haven’t you watched Italian job”, I said ‘no I haven’t’.  This was the reaction I got ‘Man you haven’t watched Italian job no doubt why you liked Players’.  Big deal I guess, is it a crime if I didn’t watch an English movie, I guess not.

    Trust me I myself has been something that I was not and other’s wanted me to be like I am straight forward person people don’t like me because I spill the truth which is bitter, so just to make myself easily lovable by others I started keeping my mouth shut, so that even I can be attention seeker.  But I forgot many people actually liked me because I was straight forward and gave them honest opinion, many people loved me because I was the best one they could be with.  But I lost myself somewhere.

    I never understood any English movie because they talk too fast and its difficult to understand without sub-titles but I still used to watch them just to show “I am updated”, but now I watch them because they are less time consuming, but I still love hindi romantic songs more than those English hip-hop or blue genres.

    Why it’s so difficult to accept yourself the way you are?  We call many people wanna-be who fake them self but the fact is we all are wanna-be’s somewhere in our Life.  Few people fake their identity, few fake their behaviour, few fake their whole life but we all fake.

    The convenient part is we choose where we need to fake, that’s where the mean side of our self comes.  But at the end fact is we all fake.  Few years down the line we get used to our fake personality and we actually forget what we are and then when someone says you have changed, we say ‘change is the spice of life’.

    Very few people change for the good, as it is the need of one’s life but most of us change for something else, which you can’t claim to be bad but it’s not needed.

    So next time when you see yourself in Mirror please ask “Is this Me”?   And if it says ‘No’, then get back to your real self because you are beautiful as you are.  Little change for loved one’s (please realize the real loved one’s not every other person you know) is fine but changing for other’s is not something one should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment